UNPROFESSIONALISM IS KILLING OUR DEAR INDUSTRY AS REVEALED BY THE FASTEST GROWING SUPER STAR ACTOR OF NOLLYWOOD-EZENWA PHILKEN.



REPORTER: Young legend,we at babajamz are delighted to have you tonight on this hangout with the star,Let's meet you sir.


Philken: I'm Philken Dilinna Ezenwa, but my screen name is Didi Ezenwa, I'm a NOLLYWOOD actor and producer, I hail from Imo state Nigeria.


REPORTER: Have you experienced unprofessionalism in the NOLLYWOOD industry at any point??


Philken: Sadly acts that can be viewed as unprofessional are part of human lives, and they're inevitable where you have lots of people. Since we all have different upbringings, we tend to behave differently. 
Nollywood is not left out. I've seen lots of people exhibit characters that are not professional.


REPORTER: Would it be out of place to say that Nollywood is not a professional sector ??


Philken: With the level of impunity and moral decadence that have thrived in nollywood in modern era, I'll say it's not out of place if you suggest that nollywood is not a professional sector.


REPORTER: But was this the same NOLLYWOOD you saw many years ago that might inspired your decision of being an actor??



Philken: Sadly it's not. 
Maybe I'm not able to see it because I wasn't yet in the system then, but now the irresponsibility is so glaring. 
Most of the roles are not given on merit, budding actors can no longer trust the process of audition, sadly, most producers and directors organise auditions just to get new girls to grace their beds. 
It's a long long walk in the field of morality in the industry, every right thinking individuals should come together to fight this indiscipline.




REPORTER: Have you produced any movie as a producer so far??


 Philken: Yes, I've produced two movies so far, and they're currently showing on YouTube


REPORTER: Almost everyone is interested in the Fun which the industry offers.almost all the females I've featured on my blog are lamenting of sexual harrasment and  molestation what can we do to correct these menace before it ruined the image of our dear industry and country at large??


Philken: Sadly, sexual harassment happens in every field of life, it happens in schools, companies, private and public establishment, so it's not just in entertainment. 
But it can be put in check. AGN as a body should be more active in protecting the interest of her members. AGN right now is more like a toothless bulldog, the executives mostly care about money or positions. 
There should be a disciplinary body where affected actors should report to, whenever there's cases of sexual harassment, and a definite action should be taken against the culprit too. 
In nollywood, sexual harassment is not only against the ladies but the gents too.
So zero tolerance should be given to it



REPORTER : I know the solution lie in individuals,it begin with you then across the network but we won't dwell more on the negatives .
How has the journey been for you Didi??


Philken: The journey have been both smooth and rough at the same time, hahaha. 
Never been easy but I thank God for the grace, blessings, protection and opportunities


REPORTER: Looking at your accomplishments so far based on your updates,is near impossible to believe they were thorns on your way.what are those experiences you consider as the rough moment in these journey?


Philken: The journey is not all rosy. 
There were lots of ups and downs, there were times I want to give up, regardless of how smooth it seems to be. 
The stress, the risks.
Fact is, I've never had any opportunities handed to me, I work my ass off for all of them. 
I go for auditions, I read up many journals about acting,  most times I get tired, but I never fail to get up and keep pushing. 

So far I'm getting very nice reviews and I thank God for that


REPORTER: Don't get it twisted,I don't care what anyone feels about this but I will say it without fear or favor- you're the face of the New Nollywood.



Philken: Hahaha wow that's for that, I feel honored, but I believe I am the face of new NOLLYWOOD


REPORTER: My earlier publication today,says that the NOLLYWOOD industry is over crowded more so with lots of people without purpose and direction.this he said made most of the actors desperate for roles,can you fault him in anyway?


Philken: No.

We have lots of people who just wants to appear on TV, the passion is not there, the talent is lacking, and the attitude also. 
Most actors are desperate for roles and can do anything to get it. 
Personally, it's very wrong and it's one of the factors that contribute to unprofessionalism we discussed earlier


REPORTER: But in the order way round I think we still need such people at least to make our movies a bit more realistic .


 Philken: NO,We need good actors who can interpret their roles well, to make movies realistic, not desperate actors


REPORTER: What are your agenda towards effecting a Change in the  little area you cover??

Philken: I'm looking towards budding actors with talent.. I have a project I'm working on, which is still a secret for now. 
It'll be purely merit based. 
When the time comes, you'll be the first to hear of it

REPORTER:💃🏿💃🏿💃🏿💃🏿💃🏿 it would be a privilege to publish such breaking news on babajamz .Frankly it is awesome having you on board,I know you have lost count but let me still put it to you-how many movies now have you featured in??



Philken: I've featured in lots of nollywood movies and I've literally lost counts but I'll name few my mind cam get hold of. 
They included but not limited to Kaira, Sabbath day, commando, cold hands of wealth, sweet karma, divine intervention, royal hatred, symbol of royalty, test of love, MY Lot, some igbo films, I've lost count. 
But I'm still working


REPORTER: Help us to differentiate from Alaba films,Asaba films and the cinema films


Philken: All of them are nollywood films. With just different targeted audience


REPORTER: For those willing to work with you,what should they do to connect??


Philken: My instagram handle is @didiezenwa. 
That's the easiest way to connect to me


REPORTER: Parting shot??


Philken: Well it's a wonderful moment with you all at babajamz, glad to pour out my heart to you. To all my fans, friends and supporters, I'll keep making y'all proud, keep supporting the brand, Didi Ezenwa, love y'all.


REPORTER: We wish you success in all your involvements.Thanks for your time,we hope to have you some other time to discuss other pressing issues in the industry.


Philken: Thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts